The mission of the Student ADDY Competition is to recognize and reward creative excellence in the art of advertising. Conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation and sponsored by National AD2, the local Student ADDY's is the first of a three-tier, national competition designed specially for post-high school students.
Work entered at the local level (Bay Area) can advance to regional (District 14, which includes the Bay Area, Sacramento, Fresno and Reno, NV) and even to the national level. Gold winners will automatically advance to the next level at no cost.
The Bay Area's local Student ADDY's is run solely by AD2SF. While we work in conjunction with the Professional ADDY Competition (which is run by Greater San Francisco Ad Club), AD2SF is responsible for coordinating the student submission process.
All student entrants receive:
- A certificate of recognition for Gold, Silver and Bronze winners
- A complimentary AD2SF membership beginning the day after you submit (when you submit a campaign at non-member pricing)
- Free admission to a portfolio review in April 2013 (reviewers are agency creative directors and recruiters)
In addition, all student work will be showcased at the ADDY Gala alongside the professional work (Gala details are coming soon).
If your creative advances to the national level, you may receive:
- Finalist certificate—great for resumés and portfolios
- A prestigious Student ADDY Award for first-place winners
- $1,000 cash prize for National Best of Show winner
The submission deadline is January 18, 2013. If you submit after that date, you'll be charged an additional $10 late fee. We can't accept any entries after January 25, 2013. To submit your work, simply follow these steps:
- Click on this link
- Register with the AAF website
- Follow the simple instructions to submit as much work as you want
- Prepare your work properly in order to send it to judging. Packaging and labeling instructions can be found on the last page of the "Rules & Guidelines" PDF here.
- Complete and sign the manifest form and include it in your package
- Our main drop-off location is Miami Ad School located at 1414 Van Ness Street, San Francisco, CA 94109. Submissions will start being accepted at this location on January 7, 2013.